Allison Burgess Brandt, LMFT
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Film Widows Counseling
"Film Widow" is a term for people whose partners work on location in the entertainment industry,
where the partner leaves for days, weeks or even months at a time.
As a former "Film Widow" myself, I have first-hand experience with the types of relational, logistical and financial challenges this lifestyle can present. I created my Film Widows groups and individual counseling not only to offer support, but also to provide concrete, practical ways of maintaining intimacy and family cohesion despite being apart.
Our goals include learning how to:
• Strengthen your relationship despite being apart
• Adjust to abrupt departures and re-entry challenges
• Manage "single parenting" issues and establish consistency for kids
• Survive and thrive in a long-distance relationship
• Relate to other "Film Widows" who can support your journey